Do you know a student who has developed and implemented a project that demonstrates environmental stewardship? The President’s Environmental Youth Awards and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency are recognizing youth across the nation for protecting our air, water, land, and ecology. Ten outstanding projects will receive regional awards and national recognition.
Award-winning projects from the past include:
- major tree planting programs
- videos, skits, and newsletters that focused on environmental issues
- genetic analysis of trout populations
- hydroelectricity through rainwater collection
- community recycling campaigns, environmental education and awareness clubs
- wetlands conservation program focused on controlling invasive plant species
- involvement in whale protection policy
- nature trail and vegetation restoration projects
- creating schoolyard habitats
The possibilities are infinite! Encourage students, young individuals, school classes K-12, summer camp groups, and youth organizations to apply for the President’s Environmental Youth Awards by the deadline, December 31, 2012! Access the brochure and application form here.