Picking Your Project!
Awesome, you’ve picked your Topic! Now in Phase 2, you’ll select a solution to focus on, a project to make it happen, and a type of campaign to guide your project going forward! You’ll also contact a local expert(s) to learn how your solution is relevant to your audience or your community.
The Campaign Path: Phase 2
Phase 2 – Pick Your Project | Task List
3 weeks & 15 points
- ✅ Pick a solution and review project ideas. Complete the “Phase 2.1 – Solution and Project Review” questions.
- ✅ Learn about campaign types. Complete the “Phase 2.2 – Campaign Types” questions.
- ✅ Reach out to a relevant climate science teacher/expert/organization. Complete the “Phase 2.3 – Reach out to an Expert” questions.
- Learn about your Project Map to keep you on course.
- ✅ Pick your team’s project and campaign type. Complete the “Phase 2.4 – Solution, Project and Campaign Types” questions.
- Check in with Advisor.
Phase 2.1 – Pick Your Solution and Explore Possible Project Ideas
It’s time to pick your solution and explore possible project ideas! Check out the links below under your topic to find the solution that you think would make an impact in your community:
Topic – Energy
- Solution – Advocate for Transition to Renewable Energy
- Solution – Increase Energy Efficiency
- Solution – Save Water to Save Energy
Topic – Transportation
- Solution – Reduce Idling Emissions
- Solution – Promote Alternative Modes of Transportation
- Solution – Promote Electric Vehicles
- Solution – Reduce Shopping Miles
Topic – Food
- Solution – Reduce Meat Consumption
- Solution – Promote Tropical Forest Friendly Foods
- Solution – Promote Sustainably Produced Foods
- Solution – Reduce Food Waste
Topic – Waste
- Solution – Reduce Single Use Plastics and Promote Reusable Items
- Solution – Reduce Litter
- Solution – Reduce Clothing/Textile Waste
- Solution – Reduce Electronic Waste
- Solution – Promote Reusing and Upcycling Items
Topic – Trees
- Solution – Increase Urban Tree Cover
- Solution – Protect Tropical and Old Growth Forest
- Solution – Combat the Urban Heat Island Effect
Now it’s Time to Pick Your Solution
Now that you’ve explored some solutions and the project ideas, let us know which you’re most interested in.
Having trouble viewing or completing the form below? To view in Google Forms click here – Phase 2.1 Form
NEXT STEP: Learn about campaign types
Now that you’ve picked your solution and explored project ideas under each, it’s time to learn about the campaign types that will propel your project to success.
Looking for Another Page? Head over to the Campaign’s Table of Contents.