Welcome to Phase 3! In this phase, you will put your plan into action by using your task list and campaign strategies to implement your solution.
Get excited! It’s time to make things happen!
To get a preview of what’s in store, check out the infographic below.
Phase 3 – Create a Plan
- ✅ Participate in Mid-Campaign webinar.
- ✅ Implement your task list including your communication strategies.
- ✅ Document your work.
- ✅ Write your press release. Complete the “Phase 3.2 – Press Release” questions.
- Check-in with Advisor.
Time to Take Action!
It’s time to put your task list into action and document your strategies, effective goal statement, and audience members reached.
Throughout this process, it is important that you document all the work you do as a team. Here are some tips:
- Have an online location to save all of the materials you create and use.
- Include photos of your team in action, presentations, slide decks, copies of emails sent and received, screenshots of social media posts, etc.
- Keeping track of these as you go along will make reporting your impacts and project details much easier in Phase 4.
- Free online platforms such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive are great places to store your hard work.
Track Your Strategies
As you work through your task list and implement your strategies, you’ll need to track the number of students and community members that you reached and how you reached them. While you’re implementing your campaign strategies, it may be helpful to go back to Phase 2.3 to review the detailed instructions and tips provided.
Documenting Your Progress
The following steps will guide you through the documentation process:
Step 1: Have your Project Map on hand to keep you on track with the work you’ve already accomplished.
Step 2: Review your Task List (found on your Project Map) and update it as needed. Download your Project Map as a Word Doc. or make a copy on Google Drive so that you are able to edit your Task List!
Step 3: Download the Documentation Worksheet(s) that correspond(s) with your campaign strategies to keep track of your audience members reached.
- Social Media Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Email Outreach Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Website Content Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Press and Media Outreach Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Presentation Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Petition Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Email of Letter of Support Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Tabling or Booth Campaign Documentation Worksheet
- Signage Campaign Documentation Worksheet
Step 4: (OPTIONAL) If you have an Measurable Greenhouse Gas Target that you are tracking over time, download the following worksheet!
Now that you have completed your task list, implemented your strategies, and completed your Documentation Worksheet, you can move on to the next Phase:
Click Here: Move on to the next step: Phase 3.2 – Press and Media
Looking for Another Page? Head over to the Campaign’s Table of Contents.