Task List: Who, what and when?
Now that you have decided on key strategies of your campaign and determined your goals, it’s time to put your plan into action! Your team needs a master task list with objectives and deadlines to move your project forward! It is essential that your task list is as detailed as possible and include:
- Detailed description of each task
- Dates that each task needs to be completed
- Who on the team will complete each task
Your project may have many different parts that can seem daunting at times. A task list will help organize your project into manageable sections and keep your team on track to successfully reach your goals. It is important to keep in mind the different phases of your project when writing your task list. This will help your project be more thought out and organized! Check out the drop down below for a few example tasks.
Example Task List
- Task: Research types of trees to plant near library park and where to buy seeds/saplings
- Deadline: November 1st 2020
- Who: Cathy
- Task: Contact Dig Alert to check there are no gas or electrical lines where the trees will be planted
- Deadline: October 31st 2020
- Who: James & Katie
- Task: Make online poster on Canva to promote our tree planting event
- Deadline: December 25th 2020
- Who: Robyn
- Task: Contact Principal to upload virtual flyer on school website
- Deadline: February 14th 2020
- Who: Anjuli
You did it – you completed Phase 3 – Create a Plan
GREAT JOB!!! You’ve Completed Phase 3! Did you complete the following tasks? You’ll need to before heading into Phase 4 – Take Action
- ✅ Pick your target audiences. Complete “Phase 3.1 – Pick Your Target Audiences” questions.
- ✅ Meet with your Advisor to develop processes for setting effective goals. Complete “Phase 3.2 – Facts and Goal Setting Processes” questions.
- ✅ Set your effective greenhouse gas goals. Complete the “Phase 3.3 – Greenhouse Gas Goals” questions.
- ✅ Develop your key messages. Complete the “Phase 3.4 – Key Messaging” questions.
- ✅ Learn about campaign strategies and advocacy goals. Complete the “Phase 3.5 – Campaign Strategies and Advocacy Goals” questions.
- ✅ Finalize your master task list. Complete the “Phase 3.6 – Task List” questions.
- Check in with Advisor .
NEXT STEP: Phase 4 – Take Action
Click Here: Move on to the next step: Phase 4 – Take Action
Looking for Another Page? Head over to the Campaign’s Table of Contents.