Time to Take Action!
It’s time to put your task list into action and document your communications strategies, Advocacy Reach and greenhouse gas changes.
Throughout this process, it is important that you document all the work you do as a team. Be sure you have an online location where you will save all of the materials you create and use. These are the photos of your team in action, presentations, slide decks, copies of emails sent and received, screenshots of social media posts, etc. Keeping track of these as you go along will make reporting your impacts and project details much easier in Phase 5. Free online platforms such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive are great places to store your hard work.
The following steps will guide you through the documentation process:
Step 1: Have your Project Map on hand throughout this phase as it will guide you while taking action. (Unsure of where to find your Project Map? Contact your advisor to gain access!)
Step 2: Download a copy of your task list and update it as you move through Phase 4.
- Make additions and changes to your task list.
- Make sure that each person on your team knows their assigned task and that they have everything they need to complete it.
- Stay on track! Try as hard as you can to meet the deadlines you’ve set for your team, and if you miss one, make sure to update the date so you can keep on track.
- Check off each task once its completed.
Step 3: Download this Documentation Worksheet to keep track of how you implemented your strategies, the number of audience members reached (Advocacy Reach), and Greenhouse Gas changes.
- Update the Documentation Worksheet each time your team takes action. Keeping it up-to-date will make sure you won’t forget any of the awesome work you have done.
Track Your Advocacy Reach
As you work through your task list and implement your campaign strategies, you will need to track the number of students and community members that you reached and how you reached them.
In Phase 3.5 you learned about each campaign strategy and also read about the Advocacy Reach for each strategy. Below you’ll find a quick review of what to track for each strategy. You can also go back to Phase 3.5 and review the detailed strategy overviews.
Examples of Documentation and Reach
- Social Media Campaign – screenshot of social media post/number of followers on your account and number of people who saw the post
- Email Campaign
- Documentation: Copy of email
- Advocacy Reach: Number of people who opened the email
- Website Content – screenshot of website/number of visits the website receives while your content is available
- Press and Media Outreach – copies of article/number of subscribers the media has (print and online)
- Presentations – presentation deck, video or pictures/number of presentations and number of people presented to
- Tabling or Booths at an Event – pictures from event, flyers used/number of people who visited your table, number of contacts acquired, and number of flyers distributed
- Signage – copies of flyers, signs or posters/number of sign locations and estimated number of people who have seen the signage
- Petitions – copy of petition/number signatures received
Track your Greenhouse Gas Goals
Now that you have completed your task list, implemented your communication strategies, created an actual or potential change in Green House Gas emissions and completed your Documentation Worksheet, you can complete this form:
Having trouble viewing or completing the form below? To view in Google Forms click here – Phase 4.2 Form
You did it – You completed Phase 4 – Take Action
GREAT JOB!! You’ve completed Phase 4! Did you complete the following tasks? You’ll need to before heading into Phase 5:
- ✅ Participate in Mid-program/New Year webinar.
- ✅ Implement your task list including your communications strategies.
- ✅ Document your work.
- ✅ Submit your completed task list document to your advisor.
- Check-in with Advisor.
Next Step Phase 5 – Celebrate Your Success
Click Here: Move on to the next step: Phase 5 – Celebrate Your Success
Looking for Another Page? Head over to the Campaign’s Table of Contents.