The new school year is approaching and there’s no better time to go green! Statistics show that going green is worth your while! A recent study found that of schools with a hands-on environmental curriculum, 100% had improved behavior, attendance, and attitudes; 77% had improved standardized test scores; and 93% of the educators noted positive impact on the learning environment. Implementing sustainable practices at the beginning of a school year increases your success rate. You can continually build on your eco-successes throughout the year, creating a great momentum and environmental understanding for your students!
Wondering where to begin at your school? Grades of Green has plenty of resources, tips, and downloads with each of our 40+ Grades of Green Activities to make it as easy as possible to start greening your school and instilling eco-values!
Get started today! Simply:
- Register here on the Grades of Green website.
- Enroll your school to track progress and successes.
- Select one of Grades of Green Activities tackling environmental issues regarding air, waste, water, energy, and toxins! Here’s our top Grades of Green Activity recommendations for new schools:
- In-class recycling is an easy way to reduce waste!
- Add Grades of Green’s Earth Tips to your school’s electronic newsletter for a fun and easy way to educate your campus about simple ways to protect the earth.
- Set up a No-Idle Zone to decrease air pollution across campus.
- Are cleaning supplies on your classroom back to school supply checklist? Consider switching to green cleaning supplies so your students will be exposed to less toxins.
- The Electricity Challenge brings savings and a friendly school competition!
- Save your school money and conserve water with School-Wide Water Reductions.
- Enjoy watching students’ environmental knowledge and habits change for the better!
There are even more Grades of Green Activities and tips at gradesofgreen.org. Check them out to see which Grades of Green Activities you can start at your school!