Grades of Green is on the lookout for a Trash Free Lunch Challenge Program Coordinator (Average of 10 hours/week from August-December).
The Trash Free Lunch Challenge Program Coordinator (TFLC PC) supports Trash Free Lunch Challenge Program Managers in managing schools that participate in the Challenge. The job will take place between August 23rd and December 20th, 2014, with the potential for an extension. The TFLC PC will work an average of 10 hours each week, and the schedule is fairly flexible. The TFLC PC reports to the TFLC Senior Program Manager and the assigned Programs Manager.
- Assists in coordinating logistics of TFLC events, such as the Training Day and Final Celebration Day;
- Attends Eco-Consultations at each competing school (approximately 10 schools);
- Drafts an Eco-Consultation report to each school summarizing their suggested implementation plan and sorting station set-up;
- Assists in hosting educational assemblies at TFLC schools;
- Manages the schedule of events and Eco-Consultations;
- Organizes materials to support the TFLC schools, such as prize kits, educational booklets, etc.;
- Attends 2-3 meetings each month with the Programs team to discuss each school’s progress;
- Reviews and edits Eco-Consultation reports, flyers, and various other educational documents;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in both verbal and written communication;
- Outgoing, confident, and friendly;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Strong note taking skills;
- Time management and personal organization skills;
- Interest in environmental issues especially regarding waste reduction;
- Experience working with children ages 3-18 and/or experience working with an environmental nonprofit;
- Ability to drive;
- Able to work with basic computer programs including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Dropbox.
If you’re interested, please send your resume to: GradesofGreen.HR@gmail.com