Reduce, Reuse, ReTHINK
Grades of Green in partnership with the LBUSD, City of Long Beach, and Waste Management.
Calling All LBUSD Educators
Are you a K – 12 teacher looking for hands-on activities to reduce and recycle waste in your classroom or school? This workshop will give you the tools and resources to take action during Earth Month!
Learn more about Grades of Green’s Environmental Programs and how you can educate and empower your students to make a difference!
- Learn updated information about waste reduction and recycling.
- Discover resources, activity-based lessons and student-led projects to utilize this school year.
- Take the “Green Week Challenge” to be eligible for stipend opportunities.
- Bring your own reusable utensils, napkins, and water bottle and score a Free Veggie Grill Entrée gift card!
Workshop attendees will enjoy a yummy meal from Veggie Grill, a goodie bag with a take home game to play in your classroom, and a reusable surprise!
Billie Jean King Main Library
200 W. Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90802
Meeting Room A
Dinner provided by Veggie Grill.
Parking will be validated.
Two Workshop Sessions: Pick One!
- Middle and High School Educators: April 5, 4:30 – 6:30pm
- Elementary School Educators: April 7, 4 – 6pm
Stipends for LBUSD Educators:
Earn a $100 stipend by taking the following actions:
- Participate in one of the Teacher Training workshops on April 5 or 7.
- Begin one of the following activities during the LBUSD Green Week Challenge:
- Play Waste Game taught in the workshop in your class
- Conduct a Waste Audit using Grades of Green Online Toolkit
- Set-up Classroom Recycling Grades of Green Online Toolkit
- Finish the activity and complete the Grades of Green online wrap-up form by May 31st.
Space is limited to the first 30 participants per workshop. Reserve your spot here:
Having trouble viewing or completing the form below? To view in Google Forms click here – Educator Workshop RSVP