Need a New Sustainable Recipe This Summer?
Try making Elote Corn! This savory and refreshing dish is perfect for a summer day!
4 ears of corn
1/3 cup of sour cream / Mexican crema
1/3 cup of mayonnaise (you can substitute with vegan mayonnaise)
1 teaspoon of ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 tablespoons of finely minced cilantro (optional)
1/2 cup of crumbled cotija cheese (optional)
1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (if grilling)
1 pot of water (if boiling)
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, most of the chili pepper, most of the cumin powder, and the 1 teaspoon of salt. The remaining chili powder and cumin will be used to garnish the corn at the end. Set aside.
- Prepare the crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro, these ingredients will be used to garnish the corn at the end.
- Brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Heat grill to high heat. Place corn directly on the grill. Grill corn, turning occasionally until cooked and lightly charred for about 10 minutes.
- Boil your peeled corn for 10 minutes. After boiling, carefully remove and pat dry.
- Brush the corn with the mayonnaise and sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the cotija cheese crumbles (optional), chili powder mixture, and cilantro (optional) in that order.
- Squeeze lime over the corn and serve immediately.
You can cut the corn off the cobs and serve with spoonfuls of the mayonnaise /sour cream mixture and serve as a side-dish with other foods!