Grades of Green educates and empowers students to take action and lead environmental change to ensure a clean and sustainable environment for generations to come. We are looking for an experienced, highly organized, and multi-faceted team member to provide grant-funded project management expertise and development to support Grades of Green’s grant and corporate funded programing and services.
About Grades of Green
Grades of Green’s innovative Pathway of Programs fully supports students of all ages and backgrounds on their journey to become passionate environmental leaders of the future. We mentor young people and provide them with the leadership skills, resources, and connections they need to solve today’s environmental challenges and lead community wide impact. We are mobilizing an entire generation to tackle local challenges that lead to global impact. Grades of Green began in 2009 at one school in Southern California. Since then, it has grown to inspire and empower more than over 700,000 students across 47 states and 27 counties, to take-action and care for our environment.
The Grants Manager is responsible for grants development, management and reporting of grant projects and corporate funding initiatives in addition to the ongoing evaluation and improvement of a grants database and tech tools. This role will manage all components of grants, including research, application writing and preparation, ensuring regulatory compliance, and conveying essential information to staff and external parties. The Manager will ensure compliant and accurate processing of all grants from approval to disbursement and provide management leadership on grants-related reporting, budget tracking, and overall continuous improvement for grants management function.
- Manages grant and corporate funding projects, including government, foundation and corporate grant applications and proposals.
- Works with the development, program, and administration teams to develop detailed project plans.
- Creates and drives timelines to keep grants and objectives on schedule. Prepares timelines identifying all significant activities, measurements/outcomes, resources needed and milestones. Produces regular status reports.
- Supports contract management, including budgets/budget amendments, monthly invoicing, compliance, reporting, contract documents, renewals, and proposals, with specific attention to Grades of Green’s federally funded EPA and other government awarded grants.
- Ensures grant expenditures are allowable, allocatable, and responsible according to the terms of the grant contract, government regulations, and organizational policies.
- Ensures that program and financial reports are submitted to the grantor in accordance with the award agreement.
- Ensures that grant expenditures are properly supported and approved.
- Ensures proper record retention and management of grant terms and reporting deadlines.
- Identify, research, and write grants to support Grades of Green operations and programs.
- Attends and represents Grades of Green at project meetings and works internally within teams to meet all terms set forth in the award agreement.
- Facilitates highly effective team building and communication. Facilitates meetings and keeps them on track. Provides meeting minutes and drives follow up on Action Items.
- Work towards funding opportunity renewals and relationship growth, performance will be measured on ability to renew and find new opportunities.
- Identifies, develops and/or maintains an appropriate electronic platform (SharePoint, Shared Folders, etc.) for reporting/archiving/documentation of relevant program information, records, etc.
- Prepares information with appropriate input from program team members for internal as well as external partner review.
- Interfaces externally with collaborators, vendors, contractors, and consultants to ensure communication and deliverables in accordance with planned program objectives.
- Experience: Two or more years of experience working in grants/contract management. Knowledge of county, state and/or federal funding grant system is required. Experience managing an EPA grant is highly desired.
- Education: College or professional degree required. Masters degree or further education desired.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Superior customer service skills to external and internal constituents. Excellent listening skills, follow-through and problem-solving abilities.
- Technology Skills: Proficiency in computerized accounting systems and mastery of Google Docs and MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of grantmaking software preferred. CRM and Sharepoint experience preferred (training can be provided)
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands within set deadlines. Ability to design and implement effective grants management processes and procedures.
- Teamwork & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as a team member. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion. Ability to lead a team to goals, leveraging each team member’s skill set.
- Excellent data collection and analytical skills
- Highly organized and detail obsessed with the ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects and tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Proactive mindset with strong formal and informal leadership, facilitation, and teamwork.
- Background and knowledge in environmental projects, systems, and environmental justice concepts strongly preferred.
- Commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusionary environment
We Got Your Back
- Salary: $68,000-$74,000 (DOE)
- Health benefits and 401K, with company match
- Generous number of paid holidays and vacation and sick days
- 1-2 work from home days optional
- Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume by December 20th to: email@example.com We will respond to all resumes with a cover letter.
- January 2024 start date
Grades of Green is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive staff.