New Year, New Habits
Want to make 2019 the most eco-friendly one yet? Follow these tips and try any of these activities for this year! Get your friends to join you in one of these activities so you can all go green together!
Green Year’s Resolutions
– Bring your own bags and containers to stores and restaurants for shopping and leftovers. Also, don’t forget your bags and containers at home!
– Take the time to recycle at home and at work.
– Don’t litter. By buying less and using less, you can drastically reduced your impact and litter from using packaging material.
– Time your showers. Try to set a record, but don’t forget to clean behind your ears.
– Try to drive even less year this year! Plan some social events with a carpool, with a bike, or with public transportation. This is a great way for kids to learn about using public transportation, it’s a great way for you to stay healthy, and it’s a good way to get together with friends and try new things.
– Plant something! Not only are plants therapeutic, but you can eat things like your own green onions and root vegetables.
– Don’t flush things that aren’t toilet paper or waste down the toilet. Clogging from these kind of materials can create infrastructural damage that reduces a city’s ability to dump water safely back into the environment.
– Try going vegetarian for a day or for a week. Many people around the world eat vegetarian dishes to celebrate an event! Try learning vegetarian recipes from people around the world!
The entire Grades of Green staff wishes you a happy new year! Let’s make this the greenest year yet!