UPLIFT: School District Partnerships
“Designed to engage and empower students to lead organics recovery programs across all grade levels through hands-on programs and peer education.“
- Staff Trainings, Teacher Trainings, Principal Presentations
- Develop implementation plans to support compliance with SB 1383 (California’s state mandated Organics Waste Recycling Bill requiring local education agencies to comply with proper disposal & diversion of organic waste) via experiential, hands-on LAUNCH and RISE programs, available to every grade level.
- Organic Waste Compliance Workbook for Districts
- Eco-Assessment & Organics Audit
- After school programs, G.A.T.E. program enrichment
- Environmental programs for every grade level, customized to district’s Green Goals
- Increase student and teacher engagement and education at every grade level, multiplying community impact
- Encourage and establish community partnerships
Want to Learn More About District Coordination?
UPLIFT Program Goals
Reach and elevate students in environmentally disadvantaged school districts
Provide staff teacher trainings to catalyze and incentivize district Green Goals
Engage school communities with Grades of Green’s stipend program
Design and support plans for implementation of student led initiatives
UPLIFT Plan of Action
Step 1: Planning
District Consultation & Goals Identification | SB 1383 Compliance Plan
Step 2: Fact Finding
Eco-Audit & Organics Assessment
Step 3: Support
Recommendation report, implementation plan, team trainings, organics workbook
Step 4: Implementation
Program & project deployment | GOG Team Support
Step 5: Impact Tracking
Record metrics and track impact by individual school and by the District as a whole
Step 6: Celebrate
Celebrate your progress, let your green be seen!
UPLIFT Program Costs and Stipends
All programs are at no cost to participants!
Program Participants are Eligible for Stipends
- Educators completing LAUNCH toolkits can earn $250-500 stipends
- Educators who facilitate RISE teams can earn $500 stipends
- Student participants can win up to $1,000 in RISE Eco-Grants!
Need some help or more information on UPLIFT? Seeking to collaborate or partner?
Contact Grades of Green’s UPLIFT Program Manager, Noelle Bergère (she/they) at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a meeting now!