UPLIFT: School District Partnerships
“Designed to engage and empower students to lead organics recovery programs across all grade levels through hands-on programs and peer education.“
- Develop implementation plans to support compliance with SB 1383 (California’s state mandated Organics Waste Recycling Bill requiring local education agencies to comply with proper disposal & diversion of organic waste) via experiential, hands-on LAUNCH and RISE programs, available to every grade level.
- Organic Waste Compliance Workbook for Districts
- UPLIFT survey for program matching
- Environmental programs for K-12 grade levels matched to district’s Green Goals
- Increase student and teacher engagement and education at every grade level, multiplying community impact
- Encourage community partnerships
- Resources for SB 1383 including sorting trainings, assets inventory, etc.
Want to Learn More About District Coordination?
UPLIFT Program Goals
Reach and elevate students in environmentally disadvantaged school districts
Provide staff teacher trainings to catalyze and incentivize district Green Goals
Engage school communities with Grades of Green’s stipend program
Design and support plans for implementation of student led initiatives
UPLIFT Plan of Action
Step 1: Planning
District Consultation & Goals Identification
Step 2: Fact Finding
Step 3: Support
UPLIFT Report, implementation plan, team trainings, organics workbook
Step 4: Implementation
Program & project deployment | GOG Team Support
Step 5: Impact Tracking
Record metrics and track impact by individual school and by the District as a whole
Step 6: Celebrate
Celebrate your progress, let your green be seen!
UPLIFT Program Costs and Stipends
All programs are at no cost to participants!
Need some help or more information on UPLIFT? Seeking to collaborate or partner?